Monday, December 17, 2007

Crafts, Treats, and Basketball!

When Zachary came home from school on Friday, he immediately asked me for wrapping paper. He went up to his room and came down with a box. "Merry Christmas Mom", he said. This candy wreath was inside. I was floored! It is beautiful! Everyone in his class has been working on one for their families a little bit here and there during their school day. And if you feel like a peppermint or butterscotch candy, just take one off! I absolutely love it! He did a great job!

Zachary's first regular season basketball game was on Saturday. Before this, they have been playing in a tournament. They were playing against their science teachers son so needless to say, they really wanted to win this for bragging rights today at school. The coach told the team they needed to be more aggressive on defense and boy did Zachary listen. Now, if you know my son he is not aggressive except when he plays sports. He really stepped it up as did all his teammates and won the game 16-11. ( The scores are not that high in 4th grade B ball)
On Sunday, during the blizzard, they had another tournament game. The weather was treacherous and I am surprised they didn't cancel. They won this game as well, 13-11 and will play in the championship game Thursday night. I will keep you posted.



On Saturday, the boys and I whipped up these little treats. I don't know what they are called, but they are super easy and super delish! I found the recipe through Becky Higgins blog. All you do is lay pretzel snaps on parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Place a Hershey kiss or Hershey hug on each pretzel. Put in a 170 degree oven for 4-6 minutes. Take sheet out of the oven and place a holiday colored m&m on each kiss, pressing down slightly. Place in fridge to cool for about 5 minutes. That's it. So easy and my boys practically did all the work!
Only a few more days until the boys are on Christmas vacation and my parents and brother arrive for the holiday. So much to do. I better get in gear!

10 comments:

Erin said...

how cute is that wreath? Such a fun little present for you!
Those treats look yummy too!

Benita said...

What an adorable wreath! Question is.....are you going to eat it? ;) Gotta try that recipe....thanks for sharing.

casey boyd said...

Love that wreath...adorable!
and can't wait to try the pretzel goodies with my kids this week.

AnilĂș Magloire said...

Love your wreath, and those candies look to delish!

Fink said...

I have always wanted to do those wreaths for people but I am just to lazy! It is gorgeous!

joanne (spagirl) said...

pretty wreath!
and... pretzels and chocolate are one amazing combination!! yummy!

jillconyers said...

what a fun wreath and the treats look so yummy!

jadadog said...

I think I just gained 5 lbs from looking at your blog! LOL! Anyway congrats on AMR finalist!

joscelyne cutchens said...

I love that wreath! and I made those same candies from Becky's blog. yuuuuuuum~ We also made 'em with rolos, andes mints and various flavors of kisses. super yummy! Congrats on being a DT finalist...

Anne Marie said...

Oh I love those pretzel candies! I made them once a few years ago but forgot all about them until seeing the picture on your blog! Congrats on AMR...isn't this fun? I can't wait for Dec. 27th!