Monday, January 28, 2008
Zachary's basketball team was is a tournament Tues, Weds and Thursday. Their games were at 7:45pm(kind of late for 4th graders if you ask me) and never started on time. We were getting home around 9:30pm. Zachary plays excellent defense. He is number 31 on the left. His team won all three games and will be in the championship game this Wednesday.
On top of the games, we had three den meetings for cub scouts, a birthday party, another game on Saturday morning and I had a meeting at school. Whew! This week is shaping up to be busy but not as crazy.
Speaking of crazy! Last night Studio Calico's February kits went on sale! They sold out as did all the add-ons in record time. I was able to snag a kit, yeah! The boards on reveal night are super fun and crazy! If you haven't already check it out. Their Design Team is amazing! Every month they blow me away with their creations. My friend, the amazingly talented Nicole Harper, is on their Design Team and quite simply, her layouts rock! Also, be sure to check out her mini album that was featured on the Maya Road blog. It's one of my favorites!
Also, the inaugural kit at All Moments Remembered will be unveiled Friday, February 1st! I say unveiled because they are already sold out, sight unseen! Both the kit and the add-on. They will be having an online crop to celebrate and I am hosting a challenge. It should be lots of fun and Stacey will be giving away RAKS.
Saturday night, Nicole and Erika came over to crop. I did a mini and a card but I cannot share just yet. Since Mr. Mojo was not being kind, we ended up watching the movie Dodgeball, with Vince Vaughan. We all needed a good laugh!
Monday, January 21, 2008
Well not me, the NY Giants! We defeated the Green Bay Packers in overtime 23-20 last night to win the NFC Championship and are going to the Super Bowl! (Sorry Emily!) To say the game was a nail biter is an understatement! Our kicker missed two field goals, one of them was with 4 seconds left in the game and would have given us the win. When he came out to kick in OT I couldn't even look! He managed to pull this one out and gave us the win.
We had a lot of fun at Night at the Races Saturday night. Eddie, Mike and Jr bought a horse for me, Nicole and Erika. Guess what they named him? Peter-fits-well! It was hilarious to hear the announcer call the race and repeatedly say the name. Note to self...Don't let the husband's purchase a horse next year without a chaperon! Eddie and I won two races and won $20.00!
- I have never watched an episode of the Soprano's or Sex and the City. Shocking, I know.
- I have cheered at a SF 49Er's and Golden State Warrior game when i was in high school.
- I have lived in 4 states. NY, California, North Carolina, and Ohio.
- I have met Martha Stewart.
- I love to watch sports.
- My almost 10 yr old son is almost taller then me.
- I can't stand to touch raw meat. Chicken is the worst!
Ok, anyone who wants to play along, consider yourself tagged! Off to play a game with the kiddos who have the day off!
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Just some random things that are making me happy right now.
- That I paid .49 cents per gallon of gas the other day. I filled my tank for $9.19! Thanks Giant Eagle incentive program! For every $50 you spend in groceries, prescriptions, gift cards, etc they give you 10 cents off a gallon of gas. I really racked up the discounts over Christmas.
- Tonight over on the All Moments Remembered message board there is a Happy Hour Chat from 9-10pm. Check it out. There are a great group of gals there and make sure to check out the store.
- Night At the Races. Saturday night, Nicole, Mike, Erika, JR, Eddie and I are going to this fundraiser at my boys school. They have horse races on a big screen that you can bet on and lots of other fun things to do, plus a yummy dinner.
- This layout. I have a hard time doing layouts about myself, but the 7 Gypsies rub-ons included in the January Studio Calico kit were just calling to me.
- Meeting Nicole and possibly Erika (if she calls me back) for lunch today.
Sunday, January 13, 2008
Eddie and his brothers are hard core Cowboys fans! Ever since they were little boys. They always give me a hard time about the rivalry. Let me tell you, we have had some fun conversations at Thanksgiving dinners!
Zachary is going for the Giants, Connor the Cowboys. The house is split, 50/50! Should be a great game and a very interested day in our house!
I am going to leave you with a football layout. These are some pics I took of Zachary's equipment right before he had to turn it in at the end of the season. He was so bummed to give it up . Go Giants!
Thursday, January 10, 2008
I have been trying to get my Christmas pictures scrapped. I always have a hard time with scrappin' big events such as birthdays and holidays. Maybe it's because of all the pics I take. I have come up with a great solution. Wallet sized pics! Yes, I know I said it in my last post but it bears repeating, I LOVE THEM! I will share more Christmas layouts later but wanted to leave you with this page about my boys helping with the Christmas baking. They did a great job and we had a lot of fun too!
Hopefully the weather had calmed down all over the country and we can resume winter!
Tuesday, January 8, 2008
Thursday, January 3, 2008
A new year means a fresh start, a clean slate. I am not a huge fan of resolutions, but there are a few things I would like to work on this new year.
- Get back to eating healthy
- Drink more water
- Get to the gym at least 3 times a week!
- Learn to say "no" more
- Be more organized
I know, it is a big list but I don't expect to be perfect. If I just take baby steps it will be better then doing nothing at all, right?
We had a very quiet New Year's Eve. We decided to stay home, just the four of us. We ordered pizza, played the Wii, watched movies, and rang in the new year watching Robbie Maddison jump an entire football field on a dirt bike! My boys loved it!
The boys went back to school today. The house is so quiet! You should have seen their pitiful faces in the car on the way to school. I felt so bad...until I came home and I was alone!